Thursday, November 6, 2014

Case Files

Forensic Case Files


This year I was given a new class to teach: Forensics. I was and am really excited to teach this class. In my mind, I imagined doing all these amazing things in relation to forensics. One of the things my students like to do are video forensic case files. As a class we split up into smaller groups and record a news broadcast. The student will take a major court case that relates to our subject matter and act as a report for our make believe news station: WBCHS. The students use iPads to record themselves. We have worked with two apps: Green Screen and iMovies. The students can stand in front of our green screen and later they impose a picture of our local courthouse. Once the students have written a script they are set to record. I give them a time limit to record and a time limit to edit the videos through iMovies. The first time it took up two entire class periods. Now that the students take a class period to create, record, edit and showcase. The students really enjoy this project and it allows them to step in and put their own spin into the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment