Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Helpful Suggestions

In today's classroom, most teachers are pushing to use technology. I am among those teachers. I LOVE using technology in my class. As a Pinnacle Leader, I am often asked for suggestions or what I would do in certain situations. I have come up with some helpful suggestions that I often tell my fellow teachers.

1) Don't Stress!!! Technology is not meant to stress you out. Will every lesson you plan work out? NO!! I have planned amazing lessons, and on the day I go to use technology our server is down. Take a breath and relax. Like every wise teacher we have back-up plans. If it's stressing you out, take a step back. 

2) Enhance-This should be a tool you have that will help enhance your lesson. When I plan a lesson I always ensure that what we are doing will add to my lesson. Technology should not be used just because it's available. Really plan out your lessons!

3) Learn-Continue learning and allow your students to teach you. In some cases they know students can teach us more about technology than we can.

4) Have FUN with technology!! It's not always about test and quizzes. Come up with creative ways students can really display their knowledge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment